Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Homemade Lip Balm!

Oh joy! I finally got my shipment from Rose Mountain Herbs yesterday and I couldn't wait to get home and make a batch of lip balm - woohoo! I melted the following ingredients into my tin using the double boiling method - it took awhile for the beeswax to melt, but I think it came out pretty well:

4 tsp almond oil
1 tsp beeswax
2 tsp cocoa butter
1 capsule of vitamin E

Once all of the ingredients melted, I stirred it around with the end of a chopstick, then I added 5 drops of peppermint oil - and I was done! It smells yummy and there is a small hint of honey that you can smell from the beeswax. It's a bit glossier than I would like, so for my second tin, I added some shea butter in the mix to thicken it up and added less oil:

1 tsp almond oil
1 tsp beeswax
1 tsp cocoa butter
1 tsp shea butter
1 capsule of vitamin E
peppermint oil

I think the thicker version is longer lasting, but I really love them both! I think for future batches, I will try adding color, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself!

Deodorant party is tomorrow~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog!! I'm going to add you to my Blogroll. I seriously LOVE natural lip balm, I'm talking adoration!

And you're quite the photographer too!