Monday, August 4, 2008

Central Park Hoodie

Although these are the not the best pictures (I did it without the flash to capture the real color, and my bf''s hand is not very steady...) the following is the final product of my Central Park Hoodie. It's slightly too big for my taste, but then again, I was wearing it during a heat wave so I am surely being biased! I have to say that I have been very productive to









date - the 3 hour commute helps tremendously. The pattern was easy to read, and I only made some small modifications. I knitted as much of the body that I could together on one circular needle; that was mainly to avoid sewing the two fronts to the back, which I did together up to the armpit area. I think it worked out, as my sewing will never be as straight or smooth as having no seam there at all! The only part that required sewing were the arms. If I were to do it again, I would definitely pick up the stitches in the armhole and knit the arms from top to bottom. I also contemplated adding some toggles, but I think I am going to keep it simple for once, and not make it too busy! I am hoping this is the first of many projects that aren't so obviously hand-knitted (sounds a bit strange for someone who wants to hand knit every article of clothing they own, but you know what I mean, right?). The actual wearability of this will have to wait until the weather gets chilly; until then, it will be hibernating happily in the cedar chest...

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I love this pattern - yours looks great in the photos.
It's a very functional pattern. I wear mine all the time, and you're right, it doesn't look totally "hand knitted".

I didn't add any closure to mine either, and I actually like it this way (I thought I'd hate it). Hope the weather cools down so you can wear it soon(ish)!