Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Handmade Pinhole Camera

After buying my fish eye camera, I have been getting more and more into film these days. Although I love the convenience of digital cameras, one can't help but be drawn to the old-school days of film. I have been dabbling into the world of manual SLRs (my parent's old Minolta at right) and plastic "toy" cameras which I will post at a later date (I am shopping around for a good quality but relatively inexpensive scanner for medium format/35 mm negatives so that I can actually post pictures I took instead of incessantly rambling about them!), but I stumbled upon this cool link that I wanted to share - it teaches you how to make a pinhole camera from ordinary items that you can find around the house! How cool is that? I read a little bit of it and while the directions are clear with good images, I am not confident that I have sufficiently cultivated the skill of following written directions. Nothing is more classic than the pinhole camera however, so I might just have try it! Add this to yet another project that I want to do~

No comments: