Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hurrah for Spring? Where is Summer?

Usually New York springs are non-existent - one day you come out of the house with wet hair and find your hair frozen by the time you get to the train station, the next day you are wearing shorts and a tank top. Not so, this year - we've had an extended rainy season, accompanied by sporadic changes in temperature in a single day. I don't know what's going on, and I don't know how to dress anymore! The moody weather has mirrored my somewhat disorganized life - some random points of interest as of late:

A new toy - the Nikon D40 that I got at a super reduced price through an online promotion at Ritz. I have a manual SLR, but a DSLR with auto focus is so much easier! I am so lazy. It's super light, takes great pictures, and with so many controls, you can make it as vivid or as subdued in color as you want. I tested my camera out at the famed Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn as a less crowded alternative to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, which turned out to be great - the azalea bushes were in full bloom (see above).

Went to the first On the Rooftop event of the year. Pay $25 dollars for an all you can drink soiree on a rooftop bar overlooking Manhattan. I got my money's worth despite not imbibing any alcohol, because it's all about the gift bags you get at the end!

The job hunt is (hopefully) nearing an end. Got a call back after sending sooo many resumes out. Survived 3 rounds of interviews. Now they want recommendations from my current employer. Is this normal? If I don't get the job, I'm in huge trouble... grrr....

After my boyfriend broke my ceramic teapot for the second time, he got me a Cast Iron Teapot to ensure that he won't ever have to get me another teapot again... It's very heavy, but I love it more as time goes on.

Been in somewhat of knitting funk. Started too many projects and I've lost some momentum. Snatched up some more needles and yarn when The Point in the West Village closed down. I felt bad for the workers there - we were like a pack of hungry hyenas. At one point, I thought there was going to be fist fight, complete with animal fibers flying around everywhere - watch out for the knitting crazies! We are an interesting bunch.

Been drinking my coffee Vietnamese style, as I needed a change from my trusty Bustelo - I got myself some Cafe Du Monde and loaded up on the sweetened condensed milk. Is it good for me? Do I care?

No comments: