Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Having Fun with my Diana F+ and Epson Scanner...

... the only thing I haven't gotten a hang of is keeping the pesky dust particles off of my negatives as they are being scanned. Also, while my Epson Perfection 4490 has adapters for both 35 mm negatives and medium format film, I haven't figured out a good way to scan the entire 35 mm negative, sprockets included. Any advice on that would be much appreciated, as the inclusion of the sprockets are what makes the pictures interesting in a lot of the shots... Below are some test shots with the Diana while I was visiting my parents in Ohio during New Years. It took me awhile to figure out that people shots with my Diana didn't turn out well at all (it's hard to tell how well you're doing, because you obviously don't see the results until you develop the film!), but I think that my future usage will be restricted to landscape shots for the most part.

The double exposure feature on the camera was fun to play with.

See the dust particles above? Annoying! I don't know how to get rid of it...
Taken with a fish eye lens.

No comments: