Monday, November 17, 2008

Distracted Winter To-Do List

Although there is always a tornado of activity around me, it's usually a pretty well organized one. This month, I feel like there is so much to do that I am not doing any of them well. As a follow up to my holiday card making venture, I was looking through some pictures that I could use for my cards. Then I discovered all of the fun I could have with my Flickr account and got even more ideas for projects. In order to stay on track, I decided to make a list of all of the things I intend to do this winter, so I could prioritize them, and get started!

* Display all of my unprinted digital pics into clearly labelled and aesthetically pleasing photo books
* Get my butt down to Mood, buy some fabric and tape together pattern for the Almost Pollini Dress, then actually sit down and sew it
* Get a job I actually like (I just had my second round interview - waiting to see if I will go on to my third and final round to get an actual offer)
* Make aforementioned holiday cards (includes purchasing card stock and ink pads)
* Assemble a photo calendar for my parents
* Finish knitted gifts (Beau, for my beau; sweater from rebecca using my sheep and wool yarn, some Elizabeth Zimmerman mittens featured in the Knitting Almanac, a scarf for my boyfriend's eight year old cousin... then there are projects that are not intended for giveaway this season but have been started - the Stardust, February Lady Sweater, River Forest Gansey - and those are the ones I remember~)
* Make the quiche featured here
* Finish reading the books I have started - Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie, Look Homeward Angel by Thomas Wolfe, Accordion Crimes by E. Annie Proulx. I just bought Milan Kundera's Unbearable Lightness of Being, and Halfway House by Katherine Noel, so who knows?
* Organize yarn stash so that it is kept safely away from wool-eating moths and other vermin that may be lurking about! I just picked up some wine boxes on the curb that will be getting a makeover to serve just this purpose.
* As soon as it snows, go skiing
* Then last and certainly least - clean the apartment!

In almost every aspect of my daily existence, I am always trying to do something new; the only place where I stick to the tried and true is music. My soundtrack on the commute to work has been a strange mix of the whimsical and angry: Tahiti 80's Wallpaper for the Soul; Elliot Smith's Figure 8; Beck's Sea Change; Air's Moon Safari; Disturbed's Believe; Fiona Apple's Criminal (on repeat).

Now that I have written down everything I need to do, maybe I'll actually get them done, haha~

No comments: